Sent this evening. Let’s see how long the government’s mouthpiece in my constituency my MP takes to reply and how she squirms around this one.
Dear Esther McVey,
Please can you confirm the following:
1) That the government, of which you are a member, is seeking to privatise Plasma Resources UK and turn a not-for-profit part of the NHS into a profit centre for shareholders of (often foreign-owned) companies
2) That you personally support this policy as MP for Wirral West
3) That the sale is being run by Lazards, who are a major donor to the Conservative Party and are owned by major donors to the Conservative Party
4) That you personally support Lazards being paid taxpayers’ funds in this way
5) That there will be a publicity campaign to tell blood and plasma donors, who are making donations free and in their own time, that a profit, largely from taxpayers’ money, will be made from their donations
6) That you personally want such a publicity campaign to take place?
I look forward to hearing from you, directly, as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely, etc